The best thing about it is that you only need to give it 30 minutes each day to make it work and the results may surprise you.
What I want you to do is simple: commit to a 30 minute walk each and every day. Easy, right?
Even if you’re very busy, a 30 minute walk is something that everyone should be able to squeeze into their schedule. You’re probably watching one TV show a day that you can do without and what better way to replace it than with some healthy fat burning exercise?
Why is This Tip Effective?
1. It doesn’t take too much of your time – As I said, 30 minutes is something that I’m sure you can handle. This is a small investment in your health and your body.
2. Walking is a low impact workout so it’s perfect for heavy people who may find it difficult to perform more strenuous forms of exercise at the moment. In addition, walking won’t interfere with your strength training workout while you may find it hard to run after an intense lower body workout. Walking is an excellent complement for other workouts.
3. It burns more calories – Simple as that. Especially on days in which you’re not doing other forms of exercise, walking is an excellent way to burn extra calories. As weight loss is all about a calorie deficit, any extra thing counts.
4. It doesn’t cost you anything to walk – You don’t need a gym membership, exercise equipment, or go far from your home. Your route begins just outside your door and goes as fat as you want it to be.
5. Walking is a workout which is easy to do with a friend. If you like company, you will likely be able to find someone who wants to lose weight as well. However, do not become dependent on that person. You need to take this walk whether alone or with company.
Walking in the Evening or in the Morning?
As the bulk of our day is taken up with work, most people can either do their 30 minute walk in the morning or in the evening. Is there a difference between those two times of day? Is one better than the other?
In my opinion, there is very little difference. Let’s see some of the pros for walking in the morning and for walking in the evening.
Starting out your day with a workout is a great way to set you up for a healthy day. You will find yourself energized and more inclined to maintain a healthy diet throughout your day. This is why my morning ritual includes a short workout.
Taking a walk in the morning is also the best way to actually get it done. You don’t really know how your day will progress so you may have a walk planned for the evening but for some reason it will never come to be. Get it over with as early as possible.
There’s no way to make breakfast taste better than to eat it fresh after a workout. You will feel like you’ve “earned” this meal and it always feels good. Just make sure to eat a healthy and balanced breakfast. This is not an excuse to eat low quality food.
If you take your 30 minute walk in the evening, you won’t need to get up early in the morning to do it.
Usually, we spend our evenings in an inactive way: watching TV, reading a book, etc. Why not replace this inactivity with a bit of exercise? This walk is a great way to be a bit more active.
A lot of people munch their way through the evening, eating a little bit of this and a little bit of that. By getting out of the house, you’re reducing your exposure to your favorite foods and helping yourself to avoid overeating. A great way to increase your calorie deficit.
Dedicate 30 minutes of your day to walking and you may be surprised by the weight loss results you achieve. Naturally, you can take longer walks if you like. No one’s stopping you from walking for 45 or 60 minutes. However, start with 30 and make it a part of your routine.
Whether you walk in the morning or evening, doing this 30 minute workout will help you burn more calories and shed pounds fast.