If you’ve packed on a few extra pounds and you want to get rid of them, the first step would be to break your bad eating habits as they are what got you in trouble in the first place. Let’s go over some of the common trouble-making habits and get rid of them one by one.
Effects of Bad Eating Habits
Why should you concern yourself with this post? What good would breaking your poor eating habits do? Here are just a few of the effects of these unhealthy eating habits:
- Weight gain – This is probably why you’re reading this post. Bad food quickly translates into weight gain. It’s very hard to lose weight if your diet is poor.
- Lack of Energy – Food is the driving force of us all. Just like a car responds better to high quality fuel, so does our body respond better to good food. If you want to have energy and be able to focus on your work, you need to eat a good diet.
- Health – Food supplies your body with the nutrients it needs to function properly. If you don’t eat the kind of food that gives your body what it needs, it will not function properly and your health may suffer for it.
Poor eating habits can lead to overeating and the consumption of bad foods and lack of consumption of good ones. Let’s go over the eating habits that you should break.
In the age of multitasking, eating seems like a chore that should never be done by itself. If you eat and do nothing else, it seems like you’re wasting your time. This is why so many people eat in front of the TV or while surfing the web or while playing with their smartphone. All this does is tear away your focus from what you’re eating.
When you do this you fail to notice the food that you’re consuming. You don’t get the mental enjoyment of food as you’re not focused on the taste and you lose track of the amount of food that you’ve consumed. Both of these are bad for you.
Eating Out Of Boxes
Eating out of the bag or a box can easily lead to overeating. It’s hard to see how much you’ve eaten unless you place the food on a plate or in a bowl. Never eat out of the box. It can ruin any diet plan.
Eating Too Much In One Sitting
While you can eat a certain amount of calories each day and maintain your weight, eating too much of them in one sitting is not a good idea.
It can make you feel stuffed and uncomfortable. It can also make you feel tired as more blood rushes to your stomach to handle the food. It’s better to eat moderate amounts of food during each meal and to spread your total intake throughout your day.
Eating Out Too Much
Eating out doesn’t have to be bad, but it often is. It depends on where you do your eating. If you eat a lot of junk or fast food you’re headed for trouble. Other places may provide healthier food.
However, eating out always reduces the level of control you have over the food you eat. You simply don’t know exactly what goes into the food you’re served. So, if you want to limit your calories and have some control over your nutrients, eating out is not a good idea.
Eating Too Fast
When you eat too quickly two things happen:
- You hardly enjoy your food as you’re too busy putting it down. When you don’t enjoy what you eat you often look to eat more, to get the pleasure of eating.
- Our body takes time to register that it has been fed. It takes about 20 minutes to sense this. Eating too fast will lead to overeating because you won’t give yourself the chance to stop feeling hungry.
You need to eat slowly and relish every bite. You will enjoy your food much more.
Drinking Your Calories
The last bad eating habit is your drinking habit. It can be the source of many of the surplus calories that you consume. Your drinks may not feel like they can contain a lot of calories, but they may. Certain drinks can contain over 400 calories per cup. It’s crazy, but this is the sort of stuff that’s served in many restaurants and sold all over.
You need to watch what you drink. Otherwise, you have little hope of achieving any sort of weight loss.
Now that you know some of the bad eating habits you may be guilty of, it’s time to take action and replace them with some good eating habits instead. Your weight and health depend on it. For more information on bad eating habits, check out this video and follow what it teaches.