I first heard of Brad Pillon’s Eat Stop Eat program when it was recommended to me by Craig Ballantyne, the author of one of the most popular fitness oriented weight loss plans in the world today and someone who has won my respect and even admiration.
Anyway, I began researching Eat Stop Eat and this review is the result of that research.
So, does this program really work? Can it help you lose weight? Read on to find out…
What is Eat Stop Eat
The Eat Stop Eat program was created by Brad Pilon, a nutritionist and avid weight trainer. He has a degree in nutrition and spent years working in the weight loss industry further researching eating methods and their effect on weight loss and muscle mass.
The main research he did in university was on the subject of how short periods of fasting effect the metabolism and their applicability to weight loss.
This is just background material so you’ll know who you’re dealing with, but this is important, because it was that study which led to the creation of the EatStopEat program.
Eat Stop Eat is a weight loss plan which is based on intermittent fasting periods coupled with weight training.
This is a 2 pronged attack: the fasting helps you lose weight, the weight training keeps you
But does this work?
Fasting To Lose Weight – Can it work?
Fasting is a dangerous weight loss practice for a few reasons.
- Our body needs food to survive and by fasting, we deprive it of the necessary nutrients it needs to survive and function well.
- Fasting for too long causes metabolic slowdown since our body strives to conserve it’s calories reserves so it can survive longer without food. This is called the starvation mode. This is why so many low-calorie or low-fat, or low carb diets fail. They cause the metabolism to slow down and so make it harder to continue to lose weight
But it seems that Brad Pilot has found a way to use short period fasting to actually help the weight loss process without disrupting the metabolic rate.
In the Eat Stop Eat program, you use intermittent period of short fasting to actually boost yourweight loss rate. These fasting periods are about a day long and occur once or twice a week, but you get to choose when, so it’s flexible around your schedule which makes it easier to do than other more strict diets. In the other days you eat normally. You don’t fast entirely as you can still drink several sorts of beverages during your fast days.
Short time fasting has a few benefits:
- It helps you create the calorie deficit which is needed to achieve any sort of weight loss
- Short time fasting helps to cleanse the body
- Research shows that short time fasting actually increases the activity of fat burning hormones
I have to say that at first I was skeptical, but after this program was recommended to me, and I read the testimonials of people who used it, I knew that this was a system that can work for many people.
To see how other people are doing with it, click here: Eat Stop Eat Testimonials.
Also, it is important to note that Eat Stop Eatisn’t just a nutrition based weight loss plan. It also requires that you do strength exercises to build muscle tissue. You don’t need to get bulky but even a small degree of muscle tone can help to burn more calories faster as well as give you the firm appearance you desire.
Read on to see the pros and cons of this program
Eat Stop Eat Pros and Cons
- Created by Brad Pilon, an expert in the field
- Is a very flexible eating plan which doesn’t require special food items or preparation
- Provides results for many people
- Has a money back guarantee for 60 days so this is a risk free health investment
- Because this is a flexible program you will need to be disciplined in following it
- Uses fasting as a weight loss method. Even though these are short, it can take some getting used to.
- Even though Brad Pilon is an avid weight trainer, he holds a degree in nutrition, not physical exercise.
There are some guidelines I recommend that you follow with Eat Stop Eat so you don’t disrupt the process and hurt your weight loss:
- Don’t fast for too long. It’s easy to be tempted to fast for longer periods. However, this can lead to starvation mode and slow your metabolism down
- Don’t neglect weight training. This program will not work well without weight training, so don’t forget to workout regularly