1. Stretching does not reduce the risk of sports related injury (for the most part).
2. Doing static stretches before a workout may actually make you weaker during the workout itself.
3. A lot of people take too long to rest between sets. 60 seconds should suffice.
4. Most women won’t get bulky due to lifting weights. They don’t have enough Testosterone for that.
5. The length of your workout doesn’t correlate with how effective it is. Intensity is more important.
6. Women should lift heavy weights to develop a tight, toned and feminine body.
8. It takes 48-72 hours for a muscle to fully recover after a strenuous strength training session.
9. Ab exercises are not necessary to lose belly fat.
10. You don’t need a gym membership or fitness equipment to burn a lot of fat with your workouts.
11. You can’t spot reduce fat by doing targeted exercises.
12. Not all bodyweight exercises are equipment-free. Pull ups, for instance, require a bar.
13. You can do a powerful cardio workout at home without any machines.
14. Circuit training is an excellent way to do short and intense workouts.
15. Doing lat pulldowns to the back of the neck is not a safe exercise.
16. The more people talk in the gym, the less they actually train.
17. Chest exercises usually also work the triceps. Back exercises usually also work the biceps.
18. You can do highly effective exercises with a towel.
19. Working with free weights is considered more effective than using strength machines.
20. Doing cardio in the morning, before eating breakfast, burns more body than doing it at other times.
21. Walking with ankle weights holds some risks if it makes you walk incorrectly.
22. Multi-jointed exercises are more metabolically expensive than isolation exercises.
23. It is much easier to consume calories than it is to burn them off through exercise.
24. No amount of exercising will build muscle without proper nutrition.
25. Working out in the Fat Burning Zone will not results in optimal fat loss.
26. Metabolic workout finishers are an excellent way to boost your workout intensity and burn more fat.
27. Doing exercises without proper form can lead to serious injury.
28. Some exercises require a spotter and training without one is asking for trouble.
29. Static exercises, like the plank, can be very powerful.
30. Paul Drinan holds the Guiness world records for the longest plan at 33 minutes and 40 seconds.
31. The calorie counters on cardio machines may be wildly inaccurate.
32. You can lose weight with treadmills and elliptical machines, but treadmills allow you to do harder workouts.
33. Rowing is an excellent way to do an upper body strength workout and a cardio workout simultaneously.
34. Fascial stretching can help you build more muscle tissue.
35. A person with bigger, bulkier muscles is NOT necessarily stronger than someone with less muscle mass.
36. It takes 250,000 crunches to burn 1 pound of fat.
37. Doing cardio before or after weights is a question of personal preference. I do cardio after my strength training session.
38. Post workout overeating is one of the main reasons why fitness programs fail.
39. Weight lifting is one of the best ways to boost your testosterone levels.
40. Exercising can lead to an increase in muscle tissue well into old age.
41. Yoga is not a risk-free physical activity. You can get injured while doing it.
42. Fit people who exercise very often may still have cellulite.
43. Exercise improves insulin sensitivity and leptin regulation. This helps to reduce hunger and increase energy.
44. Your non exercise activity may burn a lot more calories that your workouts do.
45. Your muscles work when you lift weights and when you lower them to the starting position of the exercise.
46. Diversifying your workouts helps you avoid boredom and keeps your workout routine more effective.
47. You don’t need to exercise in order to lose weight, as long as you maintain a calorie deficit.