The Hollywood Cookie Diet seems like every kids dream: eat cookies and still lose weight.
I know, it seems like a tall tale, but this is exactly what this diet claims to be able to do: help you lose weight while eating cookies.
Naturally, this isn’t as simple as that, but this is how it usually is with such diets. I wanted to see how this fad diet will compare to more traditional weight loss plans.
The Hollywood Cookie Diet is a meal replacement type program which actually got some celebrity attention. It is unclear whether this celebrity attention is what gave the diet its name or whether it’s the other way around.
The diet requires you to eat 4 cookies each day which replace your breakfast and lunch and also make up two snacks: 1 for breakfast, 1 for a mid -morning snack, 1 for lunch, and one for an afternoon snack. The cookies come in various flavors:
- Oatmeal raisin
- There are also variety packets which include all of the
These aren’t just any cookies. You have to use the specific Hollywood Cookie Diet packages. These are supposed to help you create a calorie deficit and still feel full. This is a very low calorie weight loss plan because the cookies contain far less calories than a normal breakfast + lunch would include.
Dinner is a regular meal so you can eat more at night, but this is still a diet which is based on a massive reduction in calories. This is the major disadvantage of the diet and why it may be harder to stick to for a long time unlike less depriving programs.
Hollywood Cookie Diet Pros and Cons
- Simple to follow
- The cookies can be ordered online and also found at various pharmacies
- There are good testimonials from people who’ve used this diet.
- The cookies contain 13 minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein
- Can produce a fast weight loss (but a short term one at best)
- Can become expensive. Each cookie package costs about $20 and lasts for 3 days.
- A low calorie diet which may cause your metabolism to slow down (read more on this below)
- Cookies contain various elements like soy, milk, and eggs which may be unsuitable for people with allergies.
- Such a low calorie eating routine may be unhealthy.
Does the Hollywood Cookie Diet Work?
There is no doubt that following this diet may induce a fast weight loss. However, eating 4 cookies instead of two regular meals and cutting down your calories so much may cause a metabolic slowdown and cause your body to burn less and less calories.
This means that it may become harder for you to lose weight so you shouldn’t expect a long term solution from the cookie diet. In fact, once you stop following the diet, you may find your weight beginning to climb due to your now slower metabolism.
The cookies do contain fiber and protein which may help you feel fuller than you really are. However, unless you eat a sensible and nutrient rich dinner, you may be causing yourself harm.
Overall, this isn’t a diet which I’d recommend for anyone who wishes to make a real lifestyle change, the kind required to lose weight and keep it off forever.
In my opinion, unless you have a deadline coming up that this isn’t such a great solution. It’s a fad diet and not a real lifestyle transformation. A better weight loss plan would be one which is more balanced.