This article will include two sorts of tips:
- Tips on how to lose 10 pounds in different time frames, from 3 days through 2 weeks to a month, including specific diet and workout tips and suggestions as to when and if to use them.
- General diet, fitness, and lifestyle tips to help you drop this weight quickly.
These tips will not just be useful to help you lose 10 lbs. They can be used with any kind of weight loss. However, as I am often asked on the best ways to lose 10 pounds specifically, I decided to make this a specific post on that.
1. How To Lose 10 Pounds In 3, 4, Or 5 Days
Losing 10 pounds in 3, 4, or 5 days is not easy, but it is possible. However, I don’t recommend that you try this for two reasons:
- It will require you to use drastic measures, as this is the only way to generate the kind of calorie deficit required to lose this kind of weight.
- Much of the weight that you will lose will be water weight. This means that you’re not actually getting thinner even if the scale shows that you’re lighter. However, it may make you less bloated.
- This kind of drastic weight loss is hard to maintain. You may find that you’ve regained the weight back in a short time.
1.2. Diet Tips and Plan To Lose 10 Lbs In 3 Days
There are two ways in which it may be possible to lose this much weight in such a short time:
- Go on a detox diet – This is a diet plan which is usually made up mostly of liquids (often fruit juices) and little solid food. The diet will usually last for 7 days (10 at the most), but within 3 days or so, you may find that your weight has decreased significantly.Detox diets are NOT easy to stick to. The calorie intake is very low and the lack of solid food can be quite hard, mentally. You lose weight because of the low calorie consumption and not because of any real change to your lifestyle. However, a lot of people swear by detox diets and they may be useful as a way to start your weight loss process. The most popular detox plan is the Master Cleanse which some say has been used by over a million people.
- Hiking trip or focused fitness effort – Another way in which it may be possible to lose 10 pounds in 3 – 5 days is to go on a hiking trip in which you do a lot of walking throughout the day, eat very little, drink a lot, and try to burn off as much as you can. A concentrated fitness effort with a low calorie intake may be enough to drop 10 pounds so quickly, yet this will be water weight, for the most part.
1.3. My Recommendation
I don’t advise you to try to lose 10 pounds in 3 days. As you can see, the ways in which it may be done are very hard to follow. There’s certainly no guarantee of success and the long term results are very much in question. This is simply not enough time to lose this much weight in any healthy and sustainable way. It’s better to give it a bit longer.
2. How To Lose 10 Pounds In a Week To 10 Days
2.1. Overview and Possible Methods
Losing 10 pounds in a week or ten days is certainly easier than trying to do so in five. However, it is still a pound or more a day of weight loss, so don’t expect this to be easy. This is still in the ‘extreme’ section. Here are two ways in which this may be accomplished
- Follow a very intense workout plan which consists of daily workouts with lots of cardio and strength training. In addition, you will need to cut down your carbs to a minimum or use an elaborate carb cycling method. If you’re not already working out regularly, this is out of the question as the intensity can be harmful. If you do train regularly, you can try a plan called Xtreme Fat Loss Diet which can create a very fat fat loss, but be ready for some truly intense workouts.
- Follow a very low calorie diet – This one doesn’t have to be as hard as a detox diet, but it will still be strict. A good example of such a plan is the GM diet plan which is a 7 day plan with very low calorie intake. There are other such diets, most of which are fads with little real sense behind them. Much of the weight loss these plans can deliver is water weight and hard to maintain.
2.2. My Take On This
You can lose 10 pounds in 7 – 10 days, but it won’t be easy, will still require extreme measures, and may not be so easy to maintain. If you do try to achieve this goal, make sure to have a maintenance plan in place for the future to be able to keep your new weight.
3. How To Lose 10 Pounds In 2 Weeks
Two weeks is the minimum time to lose 10 pounds which I find reasonable. You’re giving yourself the chance to do this in a way which is not extreme or drastic. However, it will still require you to dedicate these two weeks fully for this goal.
3.1. Workout Plan For Two Weeks
You will need to train every day for you to succeed. Your workout days will be divided into two types:
- Strength and cardio days – On these days you will perform an intense, full body strength workout followed by a low intensity cardio session. You need to do metabolic resistance training workouts followed by workout finishers to create the biggest fat loss and metabolism boost. The low intensity cardio can be walking for 30 minutes, though 60 would be better.
- Intense cardio days – During these days you will perform high intensity interval training workouts. These can be done through running, cycling, rowing, or any other cardio workout in which you can build up the necessary intensity.
Your calorie intake will have to be controlled, but it doesn’t have to be very low. Cut about 10% of your normal food intake and you should be fine. In addition, continue reading for the general nutrition tips that are below.
3.2. Should You Do It
It is entirely possible to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, but you do need to give it everything you’ve got. The workouts can be time consuming, so make sure your next two weeks are free of any big obligations like exams or family events. If this is the case, then you can definitely try it.
4. How To Lose 10 Pounds In a Month
It’s always better to give yourself more time to lose weight because this allows you to do this gradually in a way which is easier to maintain. It is much better to create new habits which you can stick to for a long time then to go on a short and drastic diet and fitness plan, after which it may be hard to maintain your weight loss.
Losing 10 pounds in a month requires no special diet plan, nor does it force you to dedicate much of your free time to it. You can make some simple changes in your lifestyle and you should succeed in doing so. Let’s go over the fitness plan that you should follow to drop 10 lbs in a month:
4.1. 30 Day Fitness Plan
During these 30 days, you will go on a 5 workouts a week plan. This plan will include two cardio and three strength workouts each week. I recommend the following workout schedule:
- Monday: Full body strength workout + low intensity cardio (walking or cycling at a medium pace).
- Tuesday: HIIT cardio session (running, rowing, cycling, or any other cardio).
- Wednesday: Full body strength workout + low intensity cardio.
- Thursday: HIIT cardio session (running is my favorite, but you can choose what you like).
- Friday: Total body strength workout + low intensity cardio.
- Saturday: Rest or low intensity cardio.
- Sunday: Rest or low intensity cardio (as you feel like).
In addition, you should try to be as active as possible. Do manual chores around the house, walk whenever you can, play with your kids, etc. All these things burn off more calories which all add up to your total consumption. It will all help.
Follow the lifestyle and diet tips I outline below to complete your routine.
5. Diet Tips To Follow
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking enough water during the day. It should be 8 glasses at the very least, more on days in which you do intense workouts.
- Spice your food with garlic and cinnamon as they increase fat burning by a bit.
- Prepare your own food.
- Read food labels to avoid buying calorie rich or processed foods.
- Avoid all junk or fast food.
- Get rid of sugar rich snacks. Eat fruit instead.
- Increase consumption of vegetables.
- Eat healthy sources of fat such as avocado and olive oil.
- Eat a moderate cheat meal once a week
- Increase consumption of protein.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol makes fat loss harder.
For more tips, check out these nutrition facts.
6. Lifestyle Tips
The way you lead your life can have a tremendous effect on how you lose weight, or if you do at all. Here are 9 tips for you to follow:
- Get 7 hours of sleep each night at the very least.
- Avoid stressful situations as much as you can.
- Make sure to laugh each day. I simply watch a sitcom or a funny show to relax with.
- Take any excuse to move and be active.
- Don’t sit for too long without getting up and moving about.
- Don’t eat when you’re stressed out.
- Start each day with a short workout. This way, you will know that you’ve done something.
- Have a food journal and write down everything that you eat.
- Read success stories of other people who lost weight to keep your motivation high.
7. Fitness Tips
- Do circuit training to increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Train with a music player to reduce the chances of too much talking in the gym.
- Do your strength workouts before your cardio.
- Train your bigger muscles before your smaller ones.
- Use free weights more than machines. They are more effective.
- Lift heavy weights.
- Have a workout plan. Know what you’re going to do in the gym before each workout.
- Train our back and chest evenly to keep yourself balanced.
8. Conclusions On This Guide
This article provides you with a great deal of information on how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks or even less. You now need to decide which course of action you want to take. I recommend that you take at least two weeks to do this, a month is even better. It is simply more sensible to do it this way, it doesn’t require strict measures and it will be easier to maintain your weight loss afterward.
I invite you to grab this free fat loss report as a gift from me. It provides even more tips to help you lose fat and get flat abs. You should also join my facebook page in which I share more fitness and nutrition tips for free nearly every day. Good luck with your weight loss.
I’d love to read your tips, feedback or questions on this guide, so leave me a comment below with your thoughts.