First of all, realize that this is indeed a very doable goal and I am positive you can succeed. That being said, you still need to make sure you take the right steps, especially if these last few pounds are proving hard to shed.
There are a number of factors you need to take into account:
1. You have to watch what you eat. Although 3 lbs. is not a lot to lose by any means, you have but 7 days to get rid of them so your nutrition has to be top notch:
- Eat more fruit and vegetables. In fact, replace all snacks with fruits and veggies and you should immediately feel lighter and your weight should more easily diminish as well.
- Avoid alcohol during this week. It’s just too full of empty calories and sugar.
- Eat small meals and snacks. Never burden your body with too much food in one meal.
- Eliminate all starchy food or those made with refined flour. If you do eat bread, go for whole flour or rice bread. This should be easier for your body to use as energy.
- Avoid candy, milk chocolate, or sugary deserts. You can certainly avoid all these for a week.
- Eat lean protein to help you feel fuller such as eggs, fish, and chicken breast. I don’t recommend soy as a source of protein.
- Eat a lot of fiber rich foods to help your digestion and to suppres your hunger.
- Eliminate all temptation in your kitchen. Anything that may make you overeat unintentionally.
If you want to follow a more structured eating plan, I recommend that you use the Diet Solution program by Isabel De Los Rios.
2. You need to be active – I’m not talking about working out right now, just being more active during your day. Any little thing help and the more calories you burn throughout your day the less you need to melt through exercise to lose 3 lbs in 7 days.
- Take an evening walk of 30-45 minutes each and every day.
- Do some stretches, jumping jacks, or other exercise in front of the TV.
- Take the stairs whenever you can and avoid the elevator.
- Don’t sit for long stretches of time.
- Play with your kids.
- Go out to the park.
Basically, anything that gets you moving, even if you don’t actually feel like you’re making any kind of effort will help you lose 3 pounds fast. It adds up.
3. Work out – During this week, you need to do 3 intensive workouts. These should include full body strength training as well as intensive cardio workouts. You don’t need to spend hours at the gym. An hour each time should do provided that you really push yourself in the gym. A program such as the Fat Burning Furnace Ultimate Fitness system can give you some great exercises that you can use in addition to some metabolism boosting tips to help you burn more calories. If you don’t have access to a gym or fitness equipment, you can use some of the home workouts in the Turbulence Training program by Craig Ballantyne or come up with some of your own routines.
Here are some extra tips:
- Don’t weigh yourself until the week is up.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the week.
- Don’t eat too much after you workout. A lot of people over-compensate and end up eating more calories than they burned during their workouts.
- Avoid going out to eat during this week if you can as it’s much easier to control what you eat when you have your meals at home or prepare them yourself.
You can lose 3 pounds in a week. It shouldn’t be too hard really. However, the real challenge will begin once that week is up. Then you will have to make sure you don’t regain the weight. Using one of the weight loss plans I’ve mentioned in this article should definitely help you do that.