During a recent conversation I’ve had with Dr. Kareem Samhouri, a known metabolism and fat loss expert and Doctor of Physical Therapy, the subject of neuro fat loss and fitness rose.
Dr. Kareem says it’s a way to boost your muscle development and fat burning rate tremendously. It’s what his Double Edged Fat Loss Program mainly deals with.
In this article I will share what I know about neural fat loss and I hope and believe that you will be able to use this to get faster, better, and healthier results whatever your current weight and fitness goal is.
Here is a short quote by Dr. Kareem regarding this concept:
Basically, neuro fat loss was created to establish a starting point for communication with your nervous system through exercise. By properly aligning your body, working on muscles in a specific sequence, and causing the correct amount of endorphin release with exercise, your central nervous system will increase in its signaling strength to muscles. An increase in signaling strength means more muscle recruited. More muscle recruited means faster strength gains… and a resultant ‘melting’ of fat off your body.
By applying Neuro Fat Loss Training & Fitness to your routine, you are teaching your body how to reach its full exercise potential. For seasoned exercise veterans, its the difference between good, great, & excellent.
Let’s go a little deeper and see what neural fitness means…
If you educate your body to communicate more efficiently with your central nervous system, you will be able to increase your strength faster. This happens because muscle contraction is a form of neurological signaling, so the better the signaling, the cleaner and more efficient is the contraction and consequent development.
It’s just like an electric current: if the wire is propely shaped and formed, the current will be strong. If not, the power will be diminished. You will spend a lot of energy but you won’t get the same result.
The reasons why your neuro fitness levels may diminish with time include: inactivity, bad exercise form, misplaced joint positioning, bad alignment, injuries and so on.
The main thing to realize is that you can improve your neural signaling power by working out in specific ways:
- Multi-planar movements. Make sure your workout routine includes forward, backward, rotation, and side-to-side movements. Make sure to do a variety of workouts with complex movements like dumbbell swings, squats, body rotations, and so on.
- Train at various speeds.
- Muscle balancing. This basically means that opposite muscle groups should be of similar strengths. For instance: your lats and pecs, quads and hamstrings. This will not only help you burn more fat but will improve your posture as well.
- Train your trunk first and them move gradually out to your extremities. This is because your trunk or center is the foundation of all the muscle groups in your arms and legs and you need a stronger trunk to support ever increasing muscles. Basically, if you have massive biceps but can’t do a single pull-up, there’s something seriously wrong with your routine.
Neural Fat Loss affects the digestive system
Being able to better communicate with your nervous system also helps your digestive system function better. According to Dr. Kareem Samhouri.
Our body works with 3 energy systems:
- ATP-PC which helps you deal with quick bursts of energy.
- Glycolitic which is basically sugar consumption and helps you deal with anaerobic exercise (strength training).
- Aerobic which uses oxygen.
You need to train all 3 of your energy systems during your workouts. If you do, you will help your digestive system break down your sugar and carbs, make better use of your nutrients, be able to workout better, and recover faster from each workout. This will also help you melt away more fat.
I believe that the concept of neuro fat loss and fitness is going to be a very big deal in the future of exercise and weight loss. For more on how to workout to improve your neural fitness visit Double Edged Fat Loss Reviews.