The 100 Calories Diet was created by Tammie and Susie Trimble, two sisters who lost over 100 pounds by using their diet program.
The method is simple: by keeping better track of the amount of calories that you consume you will be able to shed pounds fast. To do that, you count your calories in 100 calories unit as it’s the easiest and most natural way to do so.
Note: just to avoid any confusion, you don’t eat 100 calories each day or each meal. Nothing like that. You just use 100 calories units as a way to be more accountable to yourself about what you eat on each and ever day.
100 Calories Diet Overview
The basic premise of the 100 calorie diet is simple: it doesn’t really matter what you eat but how much of it you eat. This means that you don’t need to make drastic changes to your regular eating routine or discard your favorite foods to lose weight. You just need to be aware of how many calories you consume.
By being able to continue eating your favorite foods, Tammie and Susie Trimble believe that you will more easily stick to the diet program since you can really enjoy your food.
By not depriving yourself of anything that you like eating, you have a motivational and psychological advantage. You don’t feel like you need to deny yourself anything. You can eat what you like as long as it’s in moderation.
Men are allowed to eat 2000 calories a day and women 1500. How you spend your daily quota is up to you. You need to make the healthier choices but in terms of weight loss, this shouldn’t really matter all that much.
You can also eat an unlimited amount of what is termed “free foods” which include: broccoli, tomato, cabbage, carrots, zucchini, green beans, lettuce, bell pepper,mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, pickles, balsamic vinegar, salsa, bouillon, capers, butternut squash, carob, cocoa, cucumber, hot sauce, diet soda, soy sauce, splenda, snow peas, and V8 juice.
Accountability is key to succeed in this program, so one of the things you get is a food journal in which you can write what you eat and how much calories it contains.
Exercise is recommended. The key is to do aerobic activities that you enjoy.
What you Get
– The 100 Calorie Diet ebook – This details the reasons why people get fat and how you should assume the right lifestyle to lose weight forever. Needless to say, the programs states that the right lifestyle is to follow the diet plan. It does have a detailed nutrition section which is good.
– Food Counter – The food counter is a massive ebook which details how to measure 100 calorie units of a ton of food items. This is an excellent resource. In fact, I like it better than the main ebook.
– Restaurant counter – To help you eat out, this ebook details how much calories you’re going to eat in many restaurants so you can maintain your diet even when eating out.
– 100 Calorie cookbook – This ebook contains many recipes with their calorie amount to help you make your diet delicious.
– Food journal – A journal for you to keep track of your food and to see how much you’ve really eaten.
100 Calories Diet Pros and Cons
- The calorie counter is excellent and a great resource all by itself
- You don’t need to give up your favorite food
- Using a food journal is recommended
- The diet doesn’t make empty promises of a too fast weight loss
- Has many recipes
- Has a money back guarantee
- Includes many tips for weight loss and weight maintenance
- Requires calorie counting
- Does not differentiates between healthy food choices and less healthy ones
- Requires planning of what you’re going to eat.
- Splenda and diet soda are included in the free foods. Both of these I recommend cutting down.
The 100 Calorie Diet is a good diet plan if you’re into calorie counting. It requires you to pay a lot of attention to what you eat. Some people will have a great time with it and some people won’t. It depends on the kind of person that you are.
The food counter and restaurant counter ebooks are alone worth the price of this program. However, as I don’t like calorie counting, this isn’t a program that I would follow myself.